San Diego Employment Lawyer
The majority of Americans dedicate more of their time to working than most other activities. The ability to earn a living, and provide for one’s family and self, is an essential human right and a key aspect of a meaningful and productive life. At Bodell Law Group, our San Diego employment lawyers are fully aware of the importance of a safe, fair and non-hostile work environment to not only you as an individual, but its importance to employee rights and our society as a whole. We dedicate a large portion of our practice to defending the rights of those who have suffered from unfair, illegal, and discriminatory practices in the workplace.
Why Choose the Experienced San Diego Employment Attorneys of Bodell Law Group
- Free Consultations
- Hands-On Approach
- Quick Response
- Daniel Bodell Ranked in the top 5% of attorneys in San Diego
Do you need an Employment Lawyer?
At Bodell Law Group, our experienced San Diego employment lawyers have an extensive knowledge of employment law and are prepared to file suit against employers when our clients have suffered from workplace discrimination or harassment based on their inclusion in one or more of these protected categories. In addition, our law firm helps our clients file claims with the appropriate agencies that have been charged with enforcing fair employment practices, including the Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
If you are aware of a pervasive illegal employment practice in the company where you work or worked, consider consulting an experienced employment class action litigation attorney to advocate for your group. Large companies have very aggressive legal teams working in their defense, so you need to have the best lawyers you can find on your side.
The employment lawyers at the Bodell Law Group have been designated Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers Magazine, placing us in the top 5 percent of San Diego employment attorneys practicing in America’s Finest City. We regularly litigate cases with many employees who have suffered from the unfair employment practices of a large employer. We have achieved superior results for innumerable clients and have earned the respect of other legal professionals, as well as our clients.
Type of Employment Cases We Cover:
- In California, employment is “at will,” meaning that, in general, an employer can choose to hire and retain employees who, in their judgment, are best qualified for a position, provided their decision does not discriminate unfairly against an existing or potential employee based on a protected personal attribute or opinion that does not affect that person’s ability to perform the job. In order to create equality and foster the tolerance of diversity that we, as a nation, pride ourselves on, federal and state laws, including California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, have established employee rights protection for certain categories of employees who have historically suffered from discrimination in the workplace based on:
Wage and Hour Disputes
- California law requires employers to properly compensate their employees, giving citizens the ability to earn a decent living with minimum wage laws, laws requiring appropriate breaks and meal times, and laws providing for overtime compensation for regular employees. Employers often attempt to circumvent these laws by various means, including misclassifying workers as exempt, management, or independent contractors. At Bodell Law Group, we investigate wage claims, hour disputes and work diligently to hold employers accountable when they have violated the law and denied our clients the compensation they’ve rightfully earned.
- Your employer could face a Wrongful termination lawsuit if they have fired or laid off an employee for illegal reasons. This means an attorney has to prove the employer violated federal and state anti-discrimination laws. There are several California labor laws that protect employees from wrongful termination, that includes; discrimination, whistle blowing, compensation issues, retaliation, or paid medical and family leave. Bodell law group’s San Diego wrongful termination attorneys have the experience to make sure your rights are being protected after an illegal firing.
- Some employers attempt to discourage employees from exercising certain legal rights—for example reporting an illegal policy or unsafe condition or taking advantage of legally mandated maternity or medical leave—by threatening or actually retaliating against those who take these actions. When an employer has retaliated against you by demoting, harassing, or terminating you when you have filed a complaint with the appropriate agency about an unfair or improper labor practice, or taken a leave that is allowed and protected by law, the labor attorneys at Bodell Law Group are prepared to take appropriate legal action on your behalf.
Unfair Labor Practices We Litigate
If you believe you have been victim of unfair labor practices, contact the experienced San Diego employment attorneys of the Bodell Law Group. These are some common practices that give rise to employee class actions in San Diego:
- Not paying overtime
- Misclassifying regular employees as management to avoid overtime pay
- Misclassifying regular employees as 1099 contractors to avoid payroll taxes, minimum wages, and overtime
- Requiring employees to work without required breaks
- Routinely denying family medical leave
- Failing to reinstate employees following family medical leave
- Retaliating against employees who take family medical leave
- Discriminating based on race, sex, religion, national origin, or disability
- Pervasive racial, religious or sexual harassment
- Retaliating against employees for filing labor law violation complaints
Dedicated to Safeguarding Your Rights
In our diverse Southern California community, it is essential for the well-being of all our citizens that all employers maintain a fair and equitable workplace. The committed employment law attorneys at Bodell Law Group are passionate in their belief that everyone is equally entitled to the opportunity to work for a decent living, in harmony with others, in a safe and tolerant environment. If you’ve been a victim of discrimination, sexual harassment, or other unfair or illegal labor practices, call us today.
Free Case Consultation for Labor Class Action in San Diego
If you and your co-workers have reason to believe that your employer has not dealt fairly with you, contact the experienced San Diego employment lawyers at the employment law firm of Bodell Law Group to schedule a free consultation. We will conduct an investigation, review the evidence, and help you with the paperwork required to file a complaint with the appropriate agency. We will then prepare your case for trial. You will not have to put up any money to retain us, as we accept class action cases on a contingency fee agreement. We are often able to persuade the court to order the employer to pay all of your legal fees, and we may be able to get an award of punitive damages to punish the wrongdoing and deter it in the future.